Chatillon Digital Force Gauge DFE II Series
To get a quote or place an order:
Capacity Range: 2lb – 500 lb
The Chatillon® DFE II Series provides users with a new era in digital force measurement. Compact and easy-to-use, this force gauge is designed for economy applications, yet does not compromise function. Ideal for hand-held or test stand applications, the DFE II Series is available with capacities that range between 2 lbF [10 N] to 500 lbF [2500 N]. It comes with a carrying case, battery adapter and charger, testing accessories, USB cable, and ISO17025 Certificate of Calibration with data, which is supplied by CSC Force. The DFE II Series provides options which include analog, USB, and RS232 serial communication.
Full-Color LCD Display
The Chatillon® DFE II Series features a large and easy-to-read full-color LCD, which can be used to display readings, icons, and visually indicate gauge or test status. Brightness adjustments are available for the high-resolution display, and it can even be inverted when required. Hide the display at the press of a button, load bar graphs to indicate load direction, measured load, and safe load to prevent overloads in testing. The load bar will change from green to red, indicating closeness to load cell capacity. This feature provides overload protection at 150 percent full scale for best visibility.
Dynamic Function Keys
The rubber keypad features function keys that are dedicated and dynamic. Keys are set to correspond to displayed options, guiding the user throughout the operation. Use the navigation pod to select menus and scroll to change values quickly. The “i” key is used to display essential information, such as battery life, gauge capacity, resolution, load overload history, last calibration date, and even information on local service centers. The integral load cell sensor provides repeatable, accurate results with a measurement accuracy of better than ±0.025% FS. Smart technology keeps track of critical data to assist with troubleshooting and maintenance.
The Chatillon® DFE II Series allows for use in multiple languages, including English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, and Chinese. The user can view the screen in full color and select the local language. The gauge displays the measured result with units, provides a pass-fail result, offers high and low load results, saved results, and statistical calculations. Standard digital and analog outputs are available in the DFE II Series, which support baud rates between 9600 – 115,600. USB communications are also available with this system, as well as protocols for Chatillon test stands, Mitutoyo devices, and an Alternate protocol. A universal mounting backplate enables to gauge to be compatible with Chatillon force testers, including the MT Series and LTCM Series.
- capacities from 2 lbF [10 N] to 500 lbF [2500 N]
- selectable units of measurement, including ozF, gF, lbF, kgF, and N
- normal and peak operating modes
- advanced functions – load limits, pass/fail, embedded SPC, overload history
- integral load cell
- better than 0.25% FS accuracy
- mechanical overload protection to 150% FS
- simple user interface with a high-resolution full-color display, menus and prompts to guide operation, dynamic function keys, and automatic shutdown
- selectable display languages
- 1 year warranty
- Accuracy – +0.25% of Full Scale
- Maximum Overload – 150% of Rated Capacity
- Tare Capacity – 10% of Rated Capacity
- Resolution – 1000:1
- Peak Capture Rate – 7000 Hz
- Data Sampling – 7 Hz
- Display Update Rate – 10 Hz
- Data Save – Up to 20 Results
- Power – Battery (Nickel Metal Hydride) or direct AC 120/230Vac
- Battery Life – With dimming ON: 20 Hours; With dimming OFF: 16 Hours
- Operating Temperature – 40 to 110°F (5 to 45°C)
- Instrument Weight – 1.5 lbs (0.7 kg)
- Shipping Weight – 4 lbs (2 kg)