Chatillon Digital Force Gauge- DFS3 Series
To get a quote or place an order:
Chatillon DFS3 Series Digital Force Gauge
Replaces DFS2 Series
Capacities (8 models)
- 2 lbf (10 N)
- 10 lbf (50 N)
- 25 lbf (100 N)
- 50 lbf (250 N)
- 100 lbf (500 N)
- 200 lbf (1000 N)
- 500 lbf (2500 N)
The DFS3 Series offers the best price performance of any digital force gauge available today. This compact, easy-to-use force gauge is designed for basic and complex applications. Ideal for handheld or test stand applications, the DFS3 may be equipped with integral loadcells or smart remote sensors for load measurement or torque measurement.
Measurement accuracy is better than 0.1% full scale in integral load cell models. A large, easy-to-read, high resolution, full color LCD display supports a variety of standard gauge functions including normal and peak readings, high/low limits, set points, pass/fail results, statistical results, load averaging, % and sharp break detection, loadcell actuation and direction. Loads are displayed in ozf, gf, lbf, kgf and N units. The display can be inverted and displayed results may be “hidden” from the operator. The DFS3 also offers password protection for gauge set ups.
The DFS3 Series supplies you with comprehensive results that are easy to view and understand. The gauge displays:
- Measured Result with Units:
- Peak Tension and Compression.
- Break Tension and Compression.
- Load Average / Time.
- Operating Mode.
- Pass-Fail Result.
- High and Low Load Results.
- Saved Results.
- Statistical Calculations:
- Average with MIN and MAX Results.
- Cv with Average and Standard Deviation.
- Standard Deviation.
- Graphical representation of saved results.
- The DFS3 Series comes standard with a USB-C connection. The USB interface
allows communications with a PC.
Calibrate and Verify Status
- The DFS3 Series incorporates flash memory. You have immediate access to battery conditions, including estimated battery life remaining. You can also view loadcell status, including the number of overloads that have been applied to the gauge.
- The Time method allows you to establish your load averaging based on a load threshold and time duration. The load threshold determines the start of the averaging, while the time duration defines the length of the test period. The gauge will begin taking readings when the threshold is reached and will continue to take and average readings until the time duration has expired.
The extraordinarily long battery life of the DFS3 reduces the need for continuous recharging. The dimming functionality of the DFS3 provides a battery life of 30 hours when the dimming is off while turning the dimming on will provide a full 40 hours of battery life
Unique User Interface
Easy to use, single layer user interface. No deep menu structure! Operate and set-up the DFS3 to perform your tasks. Fast and intuitive! The high resolution display features brightness adjustments and can be inverted when required. The display can even be “hidden” at the press of a button. A load bar graph indicating load direction, measured load, and safe load helps prevent overloads: the load bar changes from green to red to indicate proximity to load cell capacity. The integral loadcells feature mechanical overload protection at 150% Full Scale.
The DFS3 Series features an integral loadcell sensor that delivers repeatable, accurate results. The innovative load bargraph shows dynamic load, direction of load and warns you of pending overload conditions. Smart technology in the gauge even keeps track of overload history to aide in maintenance and troubleshooting.
Automate with ForceTest
Included with purchase of DFS3 series gauges. Click here to go to product page.
- Accuracy: ±0.1% of Full Scale
- Maximum Overload:150% of Rated Capacity
- Resolution: Up to 100,000 resolution points
(according the Unit & Capacity)
- Peak Capture Rate: 30 kHz
- Data Sampling: 30 kHz
- Display Update Rate: 10 Hz
- Data Save (internal 32Go SD Card: Up to 1000 Results
- loadcell Thread End (10 to 100 lbf ): #10-32
- Loadcell Thread End (200 & 500 lbf ): 5/16 -18 UNC
- Power: Battery (Lithium Ion) or via the USB-C port
- Battery Life:
- With Dimming On: 40 Hours
- With Dimming Off: 30 Hours
- Operating Temperature: 40 to 110°F (5 to 45°C)
- Instrument Weight: 1.1 lbs (0.5 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 4 lbs (2 kg)
Included with gauge
- Chisel Point
- Point Adapter
- Notch Adapter
- Flat Adapter
- Extension Rod
- Carrying Case
- ForceTest Software.