Chatillon Digital Force Gauge- DFS3 Series
To get a quote or place an order:
Chatillon DFS3 Series Digital Force Gauge
Replaced DFS2 Series
Capacities (8 models)
- 2 lbf (10 N)
- 10 lbf (50 N)
- 25 lbf (100 N)
- 50 lbf (250 N)
- 100 lbf (500 N)
- 200 lbf (1000 N)
- 500 lbf (2500 N)
The DFS3 Series offers the best price performance of any digital force gauge available today. This compact, easy-to-use force gauge is designed for basic and complex applications. Ideal for handheld or test stand applications, the DFS3 may be equipped with integral loadcells or smart remote sensors for load measurement or torque measurement.(See AFM Loadcell and AQM Torque sensor)
Measurement accuracy is better than 0.1% full scale in integral load cell models. A large, easy-to-read, high resolution, full color LCD display supports a variety of standard gauge functions including normal and peak readings, high/low limits, set points, pass/fail results, statistical results, load averaging, % and sharp break detection, loadcell actuation and direction. Loads are displayed in ozf, gf, lbf, kgf and N units. The display can be inverted and displayed results may be “hidden” from the operator. The DFS3 also offers password protection for gauge set ups.
The DFS3 Series supplies you with comprehensive results that are easy to view and understand. The gauge displays:
- Measured Result with Units:
- Peak Tension and Compression.
- Break Tension and Compression.
- Load Average / Time.
- Operating Mode.
- Pass-Fail Result.
- High and Low Load Results.
- Saved Results.
- Statistical Calculations:
- Average with MIN and MAX Results.
- Cv with Average and Standard Deviation.
- Standard Deviation.
- Graphical representation of saved results.
- The DFS3 series comes as standard with a USB-C connection used for communication and charging with supplied cable and connection to PC with ForceTest software. Integrate your gauge with other systems using the ASCII communication protocol. Use the dedicated and selectable ASCII Mode to connect to external application/ software to export results and statistics automatically (If set in gauge)
- The DFS3 has 5 “Test Setups” to define your test protocol. You will be able to optimize use, gain efficiency, and standardize.The test setup can be defined with the unit of measure, safety limits, test results, pass/fail tolerances, backup, and automatic or manual export. Save your preferred display configuration.DFS3 is optimized to help you save time, and perform with operational ease
- To benefit from a more stable and reliable test speed, the DFS3 can be combined with a TCM Motorized Test Stand. This helps to eliminate any variables that might impact the force readings and offers an ideal solution for repeatable force measurement testing
The extraordinarily long battery life of the DFS3 reduces the need for continuous recharging. The dimming functionality of the DFS3 provides a battery life of 30 hours when the dimming is off while turning the dimming on will provide a full 40 hours of battery life
Unique User Interface
Easy to use, single layer user interface. No deep menu structure! Operate and set-up the DFS3 to perform your tasks. Fast and intuitive! The high resolution display features brightness adjustments and can be inverted when required. The display can even be “hidden” at the press of a button. A load bar graph indicating load direction, measured load, and safe load helps prevent overloads: the load bar changes from green to red to indicate proximity to load cell capacity. The integral loadcells feature mechanical overload protection at 150% Full Scale.
The DFS3 Series features an integral loadcell sensor that delivers repeatable, accurate results. The innovative load bargraph shows dynamic load, direction of load and warns you of pending overload conditions. Smart technology in the gauge even keeps track of overload history to aide in maintenance and troubleshooting.
Always up to speed
With the DFS3 you are always sure to have the latest firmware on your device.Our cloud-based software AMETEK Device Agent helps you identify the latest firmware and get it updated in only 60 sec.
- Accuracy: ±0.1% of Full Scale
- Maximum Overload:150% of Rated Capacity
- Resolution: Up to 100,000 resolution points
(according the Unit & Capacity)
- Peak Capture Rate: 30 kHz
- Data Sampling: 30 kHz
- Display Update Rate: 10 Hz
- Data Save (internal 32Go SD Card: Up to 1000 Results
- loadcell Thread End (10 to 100 lbf ): #10-32
- Loadcell Thread End (200 & 500 lbf ): 5/16 -18 UNC
- Power: Battery (Lithium Ion) or via the USB-C port
- Battery Life:
- With Dimming On: 40 Hours
- With Dimming Off: 30 Hours
- Operating Temperature: 40 to 110°F (5 to 45°C)
- Instrument Weight: 1.1 lbs (0.5 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 4 lbs (2 kg)
Included with gauge
- Chisel Point
- Point Adapter
- Notch Adapter
- Flat Adapter
- Carrying Case
- ForceTest Software.
DFS3 with the Motorized TCM
Get greater flexibility in application solutions
To benefit from a more stable and reliable test speed, the DFS3 can be combined with a TCM Motorized Test Stand. This helps to eliminate any variables that might impact the force readings and offers an ideal solution for force measurement testing. The TCM series is well adapted for production environments and attached with the DFS3 digital force gauges makes tensile, compression, peel, and flexural testing of your samples an easy task.
In this solution, you get a powerful stand-alone solution for product testing, where the DFS3 force gauge can display the TCM travel for easy positioning of the moving crosshead. The TCM will stop at break or stop at the limit set on the gauge. This solution is also ideal where repeated measurements are required. Here, the TCM series will ensure that the test is carried out in exactly the same way every time, thus making data collection easier and more comparable.
Benefits with the ForceTest software
Adding the Chatillon ForceTest software will power up your TCM Series force testing solution and will turn your analysis into a fast and simple process. By combining the DFS3 force gauge and the ForceTest software with the TCM Series you obtain:
- Unique solution with powerful and modern UI in ForceTest software
- Plotting of Force (DFS3)
- Setups for Force (Tension or Compression) Torque, Friction and Peel
- Library of results and calculations (ForceTest):
- Peak (T & C)
- Maximum; Minimum; Average for complete test or, on a specific area of research
- Friction test setup with COF results
- Peeling test setup with peeling resistance results
- Selectable Break detection for either software or DF3 readings
- Torque test setup
- Adjustable data rate
- Live graph with autoscaling
- Export to XLS or CSV and PDF report
- Report Designer
- Validation mode for importing known data set in CSV format. Useful in IQ/OQ installation process