Chatillon Digital Force Gauge – DFS II/DFS II-R
To get a quote or place an order:
Chatillon DFS II and DFS II-R
- DFS2-250G & DFS2-R-250G
- 250 gf / 8 ozf / 0.5 lbf / 1 kgf / 2.5 N
- DFS2-002 & DFS2-R-002
- 2 lbf /32 ozf / 1,000 gf / 1 kgf / 10 N
- DFS2-010 & DFS2-R-010
- 10 lbf / 160 ozf / 5,000 gf / 5 kgf / 50 N
- DFS2-025 & DFS2-R-025
- 25 lbf / 400 ozf / 10,000 gf / 10 kgf / 100 N
- DFS2-050 & DFS2-R-050
- 50 lbf / 800 ozf / 25,000 gf / 25 kgf / 250 N
- DFS2-100 & DFS2-R-100
- 100 lbf / 1,600 ozf / 50,000 gf / 50 kgf / 500 N
- DFS2-200 & DFS2-R-200
- 200 lbf / 100 kgf / 1,000 N
- DFS2-500 & DFS2-R-500
- 500 lbf / 250 kgf / 2,500 N
- 1,000 lbf / 500 kgf / 5,000 N
The Chatillon DFS II is available for testing capacities that range between 2 lbF [10 N] to 500 lbF [2500 N]. It offers the best price performance of any digital force gauge available today. It uses a remote SLC load cell, which is dedicated to the unit. This offers the ability to test in locations where a fixed and integral load cell is impractical. The brand new DFS II series is the first of its type to offer users wireless data transfer and via Integral Bluetooth® Communications. It is ideal for both hand-held and test stand applications.
The DFS II Series is often used to collect data for tear strength testing on new materials. It provides the opportunity to perform statistic analysis on the data directly on the screen. When mounted to a Chatillon LTCM Series test stand, it is possible to perform testing at the end of a production line and directly transfer the results to a PC for further analysis.
Easy to Read Display
A large, easy-to-read full color LCD can display readings, icons and visually indicate gauge or test status using various colors. The high resolution display features brightness adjustments and can be inverted when required. The display can even be “hidden” at the press of a button. A load bargraph indicating load direction, measured load and safe load and helps prevent overloads: the load bar changes from green to red to indicate proximity to load cell capacity. The integral loadcells feature mechanical overload protection at 150% Full Scale.
Single Touch Operation
The rubber keypad features dedicated and dynamic function keys. The function keys correspond to displayed options and guide the user during operation. A navigation pod lets you navigate through the menus and to scroll and change values quickly. The innovative “i” key can be used to display critical information on the gauge such as gauge capacity and resolution, battery life remaining, loadcell overload history, even service information including last calibration date, or the location of service centers
The DFS II Series features an integral loadcell sensor that delivers repeatable,accurate results. The innovative load bargraph shows dynamic load, direction of load and warns you of pending overload conditions. Smart technology in the gauge even keeps track of overload history to aide in maintenance and troubleshooting.
Break detection is provided and two types of breaks are supported. A sharp break can be used to detect whenever the load measurement drops 5% from a peak load. Alternatively, you may override the sharp break and setup the gauge with a % break detector. The % break detector allows you to set the drop percentage that is used to define a break. This type of break is useful on samples with high elastic characteristics.
The DFS II Series supplies you with comprehensive results that are easy to view and understand.
The gauge displays:
- Measured Result with Units
- Operating Mode
- Pass-Fail Result
- High and Low Load Results
- Saved Results
- Statistical Calculations
- Average with MIN and MAX Results
- Cv with Average and Standard Deviation
- % Differentiation between Successive Results
- Standard Deviation
- Graphical representation of saved results
The DFS II Series comes standard with digital and analog outputs. RS232 outputs are supported with baud rates from 9600 to 115,600. Simply select the baud rate and whether or not you want to gauge to transmit with our without units. The unit also is supplied with USB communications capability. You may select the Mitutoyo output when communicating with a Mitutoyo device. Or, you may use the +2V analog output to drive alarms or other ancillary devices. The DFS II features protocols for Chatillon test stands, Mitutoyo devices and an Alternate protocol.
Automate and expand functionality with the Chatillon DFS II-R when you use ForceTest Windows-based software. ForceTest interfaces directly to your digital force gauge, enabling you to perform tests and graphs automatically, using a PC. It features an intuitive user interface to ensure that tension, compression, torque, peel, and friction tests are easy to set-up and perform. A wide variety of options are available to customize the experience. Reduce set-up time with preset test methods and password protection for security and consistency. Easy export and reporting in a spreadsheet format for quick analysis and data manipulation.
Dedicated SLC Remote Load Cells
The DFS II with dedicated remote load cells is the ideal solution for applications that require a measurement where there is no room for the gauge. The gauge may be handheld our remotely mounted and the load cell may be placed right where it needs to be to take the reading. This is the answer if one load cell will address all of the testing needs or if multiple gauges will be used. The user can have the gauge where it needs to be so that a reading may be easily taken or so that it is not interfering with the test being performed. The gauge will operate the same as if it were an integral load cell and all functions will operate normally.
Accuracy of the Dedicated Remote Models
If the dedicated remote load cell is chosen, the accuracy in the ranges of the standard integral load cells applies. The load cell is dedicated to that model and may be calibrated specifically for that gauge. These units carry an accuracy of ±0.10% of full scale: a highly accurate device
- wireless data transfer via Integral Bluetooth Communications
- advanced functions – load limits, pass/fail, load averaging, load comparison, break detection, overload history, embedded SPC, and contact closure
- analog, digital, and Mitutoyo outputs
- normal and peak operating modes
- selectable units of measurement, including ozF, gF, lbF, kgF, and N
- remote load cell
- dedicated – better than 0.1% accuracy
- simple user interface with high-resolution, full-color dot matrix LCD display
- 1 year warranty
- Accuracy – +0.1% of Full Scale; non-dedicated remote cells and torque sensors are 0.25% and 0.3%
- Maximum Overload – 150% of Rated Capacity
- Tare Capacity – 10% of Rated Capacity
- Resolution – 10,000:1
- Peak Capture Rate – 10,000 Hz
- Data Sampling – 10 KHz
- Display Update Rate – 10 Hz
- Data Save – Up to 100 Results
- Power – Battery (Nickel Metal Hydride) or direct AC 120/230 Vac
- Battery Life – With dimming ON: 20 Hours; With dimming OFF: 16 Hours
- Operating Temperature – 40 to 110°F (5 to 45°C)
- Instrument Weight – 1.5 lbs (0.7 kg)
- Shipping Weight – 4 lbs (2 kg)