Chatillon Force/Torque Gauge DFS II-R-ND
To get a quote or place an order:
Chatillon DFS II-R-ND Series Digital Force Gauge
Force use with Chatillon SLC load cells and STS Torque sensors
This compact, easy-to-use force gauge is designed for basic and complex applications. Ideal for handheld or test stand applications, the DFS II may be equipped with integral loadcells or smart remote sensors for load measurement or torque measurement. Measurement accuracy is better than 0.1% full scale in integral load cell or dedicated remote models. A large, easy-to-read, high resolution, full color dot matrix LCD display supports a variety of standard gauge functions including normal and peak readings, high/low limits, setpoints, pass/fail results, statistical results, load averaging, load comparisons, % and sharp break detection, loadcell actuation and direction. Loads are displayed in ozf, gf, lbf, kgf and N units. The display can be inverted and displayed results may be “hidden” from the operator. The DFS II also offers password protection for gauge set ups.
Easy to Read Display
Single Touch Operations
- Measured Result with Units
- Operating Mode
- Pass-Fail Result
- High and Low Load Results
- Saved Results
- Statistical Calculations
- Average with MIN and MAX Results
- Cv with Average and Standard Deviation
- % Differentiation between Successive Results
- Standard Deviation
- Graphical representation of saved results
The DFS II Series comes standard with digital and analog outputs. RS232 outputs are supported with baud rates from 9600 to 115,600. Simply select the baud rate and whether or not you want to gauge to transmit with our without units. The unit also is supplied with USB communications capability. You may select the Mitutoyo output when communicating with a Mitutoyo device. Or, you may use the +2V analog output to drive alarms or other ancillary devices. The DFS II features protocols for Chatillon test stands, Mitutoyo devices and an Alternate protocol
Calibrate and Verify Status
The DFS II Series incorporates flash memory and hosts a set of self-diagnostic functions for monitoring the display, keypad and electron-ics. Using the “i” key, you have immediate access to battery conditions, including estimated battery life remaining. You can also view loadcell status, including the number of overloads that have been applied to the gauge. Zero offset verification is standard and a step-by-step calibration procedure is built-in allowing you to calibrate your DFS II gauge with certified standards.
The Time method allows you to establish your load averaging based on a load threshold and time duration. The load threshold determines the start of the averaging, while the time duration defines the length of the test period. The gauge will begin taking readings when the threshold is reached and will continue to take and average readings until the time duration has expired.
Automate with ForceTest Software
- Expand Functionality
- The ForceTest software expands the functionality of your Chatillon DFS II force gauge. This easy-to-use Windows based software interfaces directly to your digital force gauge enabling you to automatically perform tests and graphs using a personal computer. Test results can be followed directly on the screen while the test is running.
- Intuitive User Interface
- The colorful and intuitive user interface ensures that tension, compression, torque, peel and friction tests are simple to set up. Custom chart colors can be set for easy viewing. Units of measure, fonts, titles and force measurement resolution can also be customized through the ForceTest software
- Wade Variety of Options
- Force at maximum, at break, in a time window, average force and much more can be captured using the ForceTest software. Basic force measurement such as tensile and compression test for-mats, including pull to break, pull to limit, compress to rupture and compress to limit are performed by clicking just a few buttons.
- Reduce Setup Time
- o reduce setup time the ForceTest software offers preset templates. It also empowers its user to auto load the latest test performed, and to open previously saved tests for use as template for new tests
- Easy Export and Reporting
- est results are presented in a spreadsheet format allowing you to analyze and manipulate data and perform common mathematical and statistical calculations.Results may be displayed graphically versus time. Tabular results are displayed and can be used to create relationships, queries or used to produce reports.Test results can be exported to a .csv format. Graphs and test results can also be exported directly to PDF and Word formats.
- Non-Dedicated SLC Remote Load Cells
- If you need flexibility in your applications, the DFS II with non-dedicated remote load cells is the answer. As is the case with the dedicated load cells, the gauge may be handheld or remotely mounted and the load cell may be placed right where it needs to be to take the reading. However, this configuration also gives the user the flexibility of having inter-changeable load cells that may be used with a single gauge.This is the unit to select if there is a need for multiple ranges of measurements required: one unit can do it all. It is also more economical to purchase the DFS II-R-ND with SLC load cells than purchasing several individual gauges for the different range applications. The SLC load cells for the non-dedicated models are also available in higher ranges, to 10,000 lbf, allowing for a wider range of applications
- Accuracy of the Non-Dedicated Remote Models
- There is a small price to pay for the additional range and economical flexibility of having non-dedicated remote load cells. If the non-dedicated remote load cell is chosen, the load cell is not dedicated to that model so the calibration is such that it allows for some variance when connected to different gauges. These units carry an accuracy of ±0.25% of full scale for standard ranges and ±0.50% of full scale for the extended ranges making this an accurate tool given the flexibility.
- Non-DedicatedSTS Remote Torque Sensors
- In addition to the force measurement capability of the DFS II Series with non-dedicated remote load cells, Chatillon also offers the STS Series of remote torque sensors. When combined with the DFS II-R-ND Series, these rugged and accurate sensors turn your force gauge into a torque measurement device: no need to purchase another gauge. As is the case with the dedicated load cells, the gauge may be handheld our remotely mounted and the torque sensor may be manipulated to take the reading. This configuration also gives the user the flexibility of having force and torque measurement in a single gauge. This is the unit to select for maximum flexibility: one unit and interchangeable sensors can do it all. The STS series of torque sensors is available in ranges from 3 in-lb to 200 in-lb. The gauge will operate the same as if it were an integral load cell and all functions will operate normally.
- Accuracy of the STS Remote Torque Sensors
- There is a small price to pay for the additional range and economical flexibility of having non-dedicated remote torque sensors. If the non-dedicated remote torque sensor is chosen the torque sensor is not dedicated to that model so the calibration is such that it allows for some variance when connected to different gauges. These units carry an accuracy of ±0.30% of full scale for standard ranges making this an accurate tool given the flexibility
- ISO17025 Calibration with Data (supplied by C.S.C. Force)
- 1 Year Warranty