Dillon Electronic Dynamometer EDXtreme Series
To get a quote or place an order:
Dillon Electronic Dynamometer EDXtreme
Capacities (10 Models)
- 2,500 lbf / 1,000 kgf / 10,000 N
- 5,000 lbf / 2,000 kgf / 20,000 N
- 10,000 lbf / 5,000 kgf / 50,000 N
- 25,000 lbf / 10,000 kgf / 100,000 N
- 55,000 lbf / 25,000 kgf / 250,000 N
- 100,000 lbf / 50,000 kgf / 500,000 N
- 160,000 lbf / 75,000 kgf
- 220,000 lbf / 100,000 kgf
- 330,000 lbf / 150,000 kgf
- 550,000 lbf / 250,000 kgf
The EDXtreme exemplifies the trademark precision and rugged construction of Dillon dynamometers. Its highly refined design draws on the inherent strengths of premium grade materials to achieve a 5:1 minimum factor of safety.*
While the EDXtreme may be configured for something as simple as a digital hanging scale, it offers a higher level of intelligence. With user-defined functions and sophisticated communication options, the EDXtreme readily adapts to multi-tasking operations or multi-link systems capable of monitoring a series of critical stress points from a single location. It is the definition of application versatility.
Building a precision instrument that can survive real-world punishment requires masterful engineering. This is where Dillon’s experience shines through. The engineers assigned to the EDXtreme drew on a depth of industrial application knowledge and conducted exhaustive materials testing to achieve the highest structural integrity.
One of the foremost reasons for choosing an electronic dynamometer is added functionality. The radio or hardwired options available with the EDXtreme offer the convenience and safety of remote operation. Additionally, data from the dynamometer(s) can be downloaded to a PC via an RS-232 connection for compilation and analysis or to generate hard-copy printouts.
The optional Communicator is an extremely powerful hand-held remote that can define the function and manage the operation of one or more EDXtreme dynamometers using wired or radio technologies. Through the programmable SOFTKEY interface, one or more Communicators can monitor multiple dynamometers within the same airspace. In multiple-link lifting arrays, the Communicator can display readings at any or all lift points and calculate the total load.
Since 1937, Dillon Dynamometers have been chosen for the jobs where only the best will do. Now, Dillon has once again lifted the performance bar and set the standard for others to follow.
* Models with 75 T/160,000 lb or higher capacity feature a 4:1 safety factor and 0.3% accuracy.
- High capacity models are constructed of powder coated aircraft-quality alloy steel
- Lower capacity models are powder coated aircraft-quality aluminum
- On board storage (accumulation lift and store, push button, and continuous)
- Allows the use of custom units of measurement along with multiple lines or reeving
- Programmable functions can correct for gravitational variations
- Wide-angle, backlit LCD provides improved readability over a wider viewing angle and low light conditions
- Powered by two easily accessible standard C-cell batteries
- LED light load alarm
- Enclosure: Designed to NEMA4X/IP55. Suitable for continuous outdoor use
- Accuracy: 0.1% of capacity up to EDX-50T.
- 0.3% of capacity for EDX-75T and above
- Repeatability: 0.1% of capacity up to EDX-50T
- 0.3% of capacity for EDX-75T and above
- Proof Load: 150% of capacity up to EDX-75T on Load Link
- 110% of capacity EDX-100T and above on Load Link
- Safe Overload 200%
- Body Protection: Aluminum and alloy steel capacities are powder coated.
- Bearings: Unmatched repeatability attained by needle bearings in shackle pin holes up to EDX-5T. Shackle pin acts as inner race.
- Shackles: Forged industry standard anchor shackles. Models up to EDX5T use precision machined shackle pin. Higher capacities use bar stock pin.
- Display: 128 x 64 dot-graphic LCD display shows up to 6 digits 1.0” (26 mm) high plus annunciators and softkeys. Digits are .11 inches (3 mm) thick for unmatched readability.
- Display Rate: 2 times per second
- Peak Capture Rate: 10/100/1,000 Hz
- Connector: Recessed sealed connector may be used for serial communications or connection to a Communicator II remote.
- RS-232 Communication: Print or extract data easily. Continuous output can drive a scoreboard. Configurable poll character.
- Battery Life: Stand alone EDXtreme with no radio and no backlight lasts up to 400+ hours. 150 hours continuous with Radio Link System. Use with two C-Cell alkaline batteries. (When using backlight, battery life
will be reduced, depending on intensity.)
- Operating Temperature: -4° -158°F
- Included with Instrument: Cert of calibration, manual and batteries. Plastic carry case included for EDX-1T to EDX-50T. Higher capacities include rugged plywood storage crate. Instruments with shackles include centering spacers (EDX-20T & up) and shackle storage crate (EDX-20T to EDX-75T). Display backlight.
- Options: Shackles. Radio Communication
Communicator II Specifications
- Enclosure: Designed to NEMA 3 / IP54 with optional sleeve.
Suitable for protected outdoor use.
- Instruments Size: 9.5 x 5.0 x 2.5 inch
- Accuracy: Not applicable. Only sends and received digital information
- Display: 128 x 64 dot-graphic LCD display can show full readings up to 5 instruments
- Battery Life: Up to 80 hours continuous radio using (4) AA alkaline batteries.
- Operating Temperature: -4° F to 158° F
- Connectors: Sealed connectors may be used for serial communications and wired connection to an EDXtreme.
- RS-232 Communications: Print or extract data easily. Continuous output can drive a scoreboard. Configurable poll character.
- Includes with Remote: Carry case and batteries
- Accessories: Rubberized case protector sleeve. Remote wall mount bracket. Serial and remote cable assemblies.
- Optional audible alarm: Alarm sounds (105dB) when pre-defined load limit has been exceeded.
- FCC Certified: For unlicensed low power devices. No radio licensing or permits required for normal operation.* (In the US and Canada. Check local ordinances in other countries.)
- Frequency: ISM 2.4 GHz frequency band operates between 2.4 to 2.4835 GHz.
- Output Level: 10 mW
- Display Update Rate: 1 time per second
- Number of links remote can control: Up to 15 addresses
- Configurable address: Automatic and configurable
- Antenna: Integral antenna
- Range: Open-air range up to 600 feet, line-of-sight. Indoor range dependent upon environment with 300 feet common. Low power radio systems are dependent upon interference levels from other radio systems and environmental conditions. Radio devices are not suitable for all applications.