Lloyd Instrument LS1 Digital Material Tester
To get a quote or place an order:
Introducing a new generation single column high precision materials testing machine, the LS1 is designed to measure forces up to 1kN (225lbf) Ideal for routine quality control testing or complex multi-stage tests, this versatile material tester can perform a wide library of tests including tensile strength, compression, flexural, peel, shear, static and kinetic coefficient of friction and many more across many industries.
LS1 machine features include:
- high mechanical stiffness for highest precision displacement measurement
- a wide speed range 0.01-2032mm/min for faster testing and higher productivity
- exceptional load accuracy – fewer loadcells required to cover the full load range saving time and cost
- a variety of control options possible for your convenience: stand alone operation via a control console, alternatively using a PC or laptop and our acclaimed NEXYGENPlus analysis software
- NEXYGENPlus software is Windows® 7 compatible featuring an improved and intuitive User Configurable Test functionality complementing the comprehensive test standards library
The new LS1 is an affordable high precision solution for materials testing applications up to 1 kN / 225 lbf capacity which, when combined with our extensive range of grips, fixtures, extensometers and software to match your application, creates a powerful new generation materials testing system.
High Mechanical Stiffness
The machine has been designed with modern linear guide technology as well as pre-loaded ball screws and advanced software compensation systems. Combined, these new features ensure that the machine performs with the highest precision for high accuracy displacement measurement even at very slow speeds and the smallest of movements.
Wider Speed Range
Compared to other models, the new LS1 offers an impressive speed range of 0.01-2032 mm/min. This means faster testing and improved productivity
The LS1 features unprecedented load accuracy. The machine uses high accuracy interchangeable XLC Series load cells. Tension and compression testing with cycling to load and extension limits are standard features. A load accuracy of +/- 0.5% down to 1% of loadcell value provides high dynamic range. An additional benefit is that the number of load cells required to cover the full force range may be reduced, saving the user both time in changing over different value loadcells when testing samples of different forces and also the cost of purchasing different capacity loadcells.
More Machine Control Options
The LS1 machine can be used in stand alone mode using an optional control console or with a PC or laptop and our acclaimed NEXYGENPlus analysis software. The control console features a membrane multi-function keypad and easy to read backlit LCD to display load and extension information. The control console displays prompts and menus, which guide the user through machine operations. The system is capable of storing up to 600 test results from a choice of 10 programmable test set-ups. The machine is also supplied as standard with a hand held controller. Alternatively, LS1 machine performance can be optimised and controlled using our innovative, highly acclaimed NEXYGENPlus data analysis and control software. PC interface is via USB allowing standard laptops to be used. This means that no special PC interface cards is required.
Simple to Use Advanced Test Setup with NEXYGENPlus Software
The Lloyd Instruments NEXYGENPlus materials testing software is Windows® 7 compatible and features an improved and intuitive User Configurable Test functionality. This enables users to quickly build advanced multi-stage test routines using simple built-in commands, ideal for component or product testing. In addition to the User Configurable Test capability, NEXYGENPlus software features a comprehensive test standards library available covering not only ASTM, DIN, EN, ISO and other standards but test wizards for tension, compression, tearing, peeling, friction, flexural and may other tests. The system is can be used for quality control testing as well as in educational and R&D environments within a wide range of applications and test types, including plastics, packaging, medical devices, textiles, rubber and electronics to name a few.
The system is capable of storing up to 600 test results from a choice of 10 programmable test set-ups.
Alternatively, machine performance can be optimized using our innovative, easy to use NEXYGENPlus material test and data analysis software . Test information can easily be exported to Microsoft® products such as Word, Excel® and Outlook®.
- High mechanical stiffness
- Wide speed range 0.01-2032mm/min
- High load accuracy 0.5% down to 1% of loadcell value
- More machine control options
- Improved, intuitive User Configurable Test functionality (NEXYGENPlus software)
- Modular, flexible configuration with grips, fixtures, loadcells, extensometers and other accessories available to meet your requirements
- Simple to set up, operate and maintain
- Load measuring system exceeds the requirements of all recognised international standards
- Large working area – 180 mm (7 in) throat for testing large specimens
- Standard crosshead travel 500 mm (19.7 in)
- Even greater crosshead travel with extended machine versions with travel up to 800 mm (31.5 in) available
- Unique ‘Pogo’ design machines allows testing of very large samples in test frames fitted below the machine base with the added benefit of optional elevated and low temperature testing capability
- Data sampling rate 8 kHz
- Saves up to 600 test results*
- 10 programmable test set-ups*
- High resolution backlit LCD display with intuitive operator interface*
- Multi-lingual and multi-unit display options*
- Flash memory ugradeable
- Full PC integration with NEXYGENPlus material test and data analysis software.
*Requires optional console