Lloyd Instrument LS1 Digital Material Tester
To get a quote or place an order:
The Lloyd Instrument LS1 Digital Material Tester is a new generation single column high precision materials testing machine. This versatile material tester can perform an extensive library of tests, including tensile strength, compression, flexural, peel, shear, static, and kinetic coefficient of friction for many different industries.
The Lloyd Instrument LS1 Digital Material Tester is a new generation single column high precision materials testing machine. It is designed to measure forces up to 1kN (225 lbF). It is ideal for routine quality control testing or complex multi-stage tests. This versatile material tester can perform an extensive library of tests, including tensile strength, compression, flexural, peel, shear, static, and kinetic coefficient of friction for many different industries.
There are many features associated with the LS1 machine, including a high mechanical stiffness for the highest precision displacement measurement and a wide speed range of 0.01-2032 mm/min for faster testing and higher productivity. This digital material tester features an exceptional load accuracy, requiring fewer loadcells to cover the full load range, saving time and cost. Test automation and batch testing can also be performed.
The Lloyd Instrument LS1 also features a variety of control options for convenience, allowing for standalone operation via a control console, while alternatively using a PC or laptop and NEXYGENPlus analysis software. NEXYGENPlus software is Windows 7 compatible and features an improved and intuitive User Configurable Test functionality, which is designed to complement the comprehensive test standards library.
This digital material tester is a very affordable solution for materials testing application. It can be combined with an extensive range of grips, fixtures, extensometers, and software, designed to match your application needs. The LS1 creates a powerful new generation materials testing system with exceptional accuracy via interchangeable XLC Series load cells. Tension and compression testing with cycling to load and extension limits are standard features, with a load accuracy of +/- 0.5% down to 1% of loadcell value for dynamic range.
Advanced Control Options
Another essential feature of the Lloyd Instrument LS1 Digital Material Tester is that it features a membrane multi-function keypad and an easy-to-read backlit LCD for load and extension information display. The control console is used to display prompts and menus to guide the user through the operations of the machine. Up to 600 test results can be stored from a selection of 10 programmable test set-ups. A hand-held controller comes standard with the LS1 and performance can be optimized and controlled via the NEXYGENPlus data analysis and control software via USB connection.
Simple set-up and use allow for users to quickly build advanced multi-stage test routines through the help of built-in commands. The comprehensive test standards library covers ASTM, DIN, EN, ISO, and many other standards. It also features test wizards for tension, compression, tearing, peeling, friction, flexural, and many other industry tests. Quality control testing, educational teseting, R&D environments, and a wide range of other applications and test types can be used with this machine. Plastics, packaging, medical devices, textiles, rubber, and electronics, are just some of the materials that can be tested with the LS1.
- wide speed range 0.01-2032 mm/min
- high load accuracy 0.5% down to 1% of loadcell value
- improved User Configurable Test functionality
- large working area – 180 mm (7in) throat for large specimen testing
- standard crosshead travel 500 mm (19.7 in)
- unique “Pogo” design allows testing of large samples of 2 x 2 m (78.7 x 78.7 in) in test frames and optional elevated and low-temperature testing capabilities
- data sampling rate 8 kHz
- full PC integration with NEXYGENPlus material test and data analysis software
- flexible configuration with grips, fixtures, loadcells, extensometers, and other accessories to meet testing requirements
- extended machine versions with travel up to 800 mm (31.5 in) available
- optional console provides ability to save up to 600 test results and 10 test set-ups
- optional console also allows for high-resolution backlit LCD display and multi-lingual, multi-unit display options
- flash memory upgradeable
- Force Capacity – 1000 N (225 lbf)
- Max. Crosshead Travel, Standard Travel (Between the Eye Ends) – 500 mm (19.7 in)
- Max. Crosshead Travel, Extended Travel (Between the Eye Ends) – 800 mm (31.5 in)
- Crosshead Speed Range – 0.01-2032 mm/min (0.0004-80 in/min)
- Max. Return Speed – 2032 mm/min (80 in/min)
- Speed Accuracy (Unloaded) – +/-0.2% of selected speed from 2% to 100% of max. speed
- Min. Load Resolution (Load Cell Specific) – 0.0001N (2.2×10-5 lbf)
- Load Cell Accuracy – +/-0.5% from 1% to 100% of load cell value
- Extension Resolution – <0.15 microns
- Data Sampling Rate – 8kHz
- Load Measuring System – EN ISO 7500:2004, Class 0.5 ASTM E4
- Relative Humidity – 20% to 85%
- Operating Temperature – +5 to 35°C (41 to 95°F)
- Storage Temperature – -17 to 54°C (0 to 130°F)
- Supply Voltage (+/- 10%) – 115VAC/230VAC, 50-60Hz
- Max. Power Requirement – 150VA
- Weight, Standard Travel – 52 kg (115 lb)
- Weight, Extended Travel – 62 kg (137 lb)