Lloyd Instruments LS 2.5 Digital Material Tester
To get a quote or place an order:
The Lloyd Instruments LS 2.5 Digital Materials Testing machine is an advanced materials testing system that is well-suited for testing plastic and rubber. It is designed to work with materials that require high elongation, due to its wide crosshead travel capability and high speed.
The Lloyd Instruments LS 2.5 Digital Materials Testing machine is an advanced materials testing system that is well-suited for testing plastic and rubber. It is designed to measure forces up to 2.5 kN (562 lbF) and work with materials that require high elongation, due to its wide crosshead travel capability and high speed. The LS 2.5 replaced the Lloyd LRX Plus machine. It uses high-accuracy interchangeable YLC Series loadcells for tension, compression, and cycling through zero force measurements.
When combined with the extensive range of grips, fixtures, extensometers, and software designed to work with the LS 2.5, this system creates a powerful material testing system. It is equally suited to providing quality control, educational and R&D environments, for a wide range of applications and testing types. Lloyd Instruments ensures that this machine meets or exceeds national and international material test standards.
Advanced Control Options
Affordable and easy-to-use, this testing system features an integral control console with a multi-function keypad and an easy-to-read LCD display. User load and extension information for each test performed can be viewed on the display. The control console uses straightforward prompts and menus to guide the user through the full spectrum of operations. A small tabletop footprint with an ample and flexible workspace, this system is intuitive and low maintenance.
The Lloyd Instruments LS 2.5 is capable of storing up to 600 test results from a selection of 10 programmable test set-ups, thanks to the optional NEXYGENPlus Software. Even the performance of this machine can be enhanced when you use this easy-to-use software, which is compatible with Windows 7 Operating Systems. When the software is used, test information can be exported quickly to other Microsoft products, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- wide speed range 0.01-2032 mm/min
- exceptional high load accuracy 0.5% down to 1% of loadcell value
- 1400 mm crosshead travel for high elongation material testing
- 150 mm throat depth for large specimens
- modern linear guide technology, pre-loaded ball screws, and advanced software for high displacement precision
- full PC integration with NEXYGENPlus material test and data analysis software
- test creation for ASTM, DIN, EN, ISO, and other standards
- test wizards for tension, compression, tearing, peeling, friction, and flexural tests
- improved User Configurable Test functionality
- flexible configuration with grips, fixtures, loadcells, extensometers, and other accessories to meet testing requirements
- optional POGO design allows testing of very large samples with the added benefit of optional elevated and low-temperature testing capability
- hand-held remote or main console for operation
- optional console provides the ability to save up to 600 test results and 10 test set-ups
- optional console also allows for high-resolution backlit LCD display and multi-lingual, multi-unit display options
- flash memory upgradeable
- Force Capacity – 2500 N (562 lbF)
- Max. Crosshead Travel, Standard Travel (Between the Eye Ends) – 1400 mm (55.1 in)
- Crosshead Speed Range – 0.01-2032 mm/min (0.0004-80 in/min)
- Max. Return Speed – 2032 mm/min (80 in/min)
- Speed Accuracy (Unloaded) – +/- 0.5% from 1% to 100% of load cell value
- Extension Resolution – <0.15 microns
- Data Sampling Rate 8kHz
- Load Measuring System – EN ISO 7500:2004, Class 0.5 ASTM E4
- Relative Humidity – 20% to 85%
- Operating Temperature – +5 to 35°C (41 to 95°F)
- Storage Temperature – -17 to 54°C (0 to 130°F)
- Supply Voltage (+/- 10%) – 115VAC/230VAC, 50-60Hz
- Max. Power Requirement – 500VA
- Weight, Standard – 82 kg (180 lb)