Lloyd Instruments LS 5 Digital Material Tester
To get a quote or place an order:
The Lloyd Instruments LS 5 Digital Material Tester utilizes high accuracy, interchangeable YLC Series loadcells for tension, compression, and cycling through zero force measurements. The LS 5 is compatible with NEXYGENPlus Software and is capable of storing up to 600 test results from a selection of 10 programmable test set-ups.
The Lloyd Instruments LS 5 Digital Material Tester is a very easy-to-use and affordable testing system that is suitable for testing applications up to 5kN (1124 lbF). This machine utilizes high accuracy, interchangeable YLC Series loadcells for tension, compression, and cycling through zero force measurements. The LS 5 is compatible with NEXYGENPlus Software and is capable of storing up to 600 test results from a selection of 10 programmable test set-ups.
Integral Control Console
One of the main features of the LS 5 is an integral control console with a multi-function keypad. The easy-to-read LCD display shows load and extension information for each test that is performed. The control console utilizes various prompts and menus to help guide the user through the operations. A full speed range for high precision and improved productivity, coupled with an exceptional load accuracy of +/- 0.5% down to 1% of loadcell value provides a high dynamic range.
The large work area and flexible controls of the LS 5, which are scalable from stand-alone operation using a control console or utilizing our highly acclaimed NEXYGENPlus Software, provides superior results. Interface seamlessly with a PC or laptop through a USB connection, without needing any special PC interface cards or additional connections. Advanced Test Set-up with NEXYGENPlus is Windows 7 compatible and features an improved and intuitive User Configurable Test function that complements the comprehensive test standards library.
Precision Material Testing
The Lloyd Instruments LS 5 is a high precision material testing machine that can be combined with our extensive range of grips, features, extensometers, and software to create a powerful and intuitive system. It is equally suited to performing quality control, educational, and R&D environments within a wide range of applications and test types.
Medical devices, plastics, packaging, textiles, rubber, and electronics are just some of the applications that can be tested with this device. Tensile, compression, flexural, friction, insertion/extraction, peeling, tearing, and creep/relaxation testing can be accomplished with this machine. The addition of optional grips and fixtures, extensometers, load cells, and software can help to enhance the abilities of this powerful testing machine even further.
- wide speed range 0.01-1016 mm/min (0.0004-40 in/min)
- exceptional high load accuracy 0.5% down to 1% of loadcell value
- 800 mm crosshead travel (31.5 in)
- load measuring system exceeds requirements of all recognized international standards
- load rate control
- data sampling rate of 8kHz
- 150 mm throat depth for large specimens
- full PC integration with NEXYGENPlus material test and data analysis software
- improved User Configurable Test functionality
- expandable crosshead travel to 1400 mm
- options to equip with expanded work tables, T-slot tables, or a drip tray
- safety splinter shields with electrical interlocks are available in three different heights
- temperature chambers can be integrated, depending on your needs
- flexible configuration with grips, fixtures, loadcells, extensometers, and other accessories to meet testing requirements
- optional POGO design for testing of very large samples, elevated testing, and low-temperature testing capabilities
- hand-held remote or main console for operation
- optional console allows for high-resolution backlit LCD display and multi-lingual, multi-unit display options
- flash memory upgradeable
- Force Capacity – 5000 N (1124 lbf)
- Max. Crosshead Travel, Standard Travel (Between the Eye Ends) – 800 mm (31.5 in)
- Crosshead Speed Range – 0.01-1016 mm/min (0.0004-40 in/min)
- Max. Return Speed – 1016 mm/min (40 in/min)
- Speed Accuracy (Unloaded) – +/-0.2% of selected speed from 2% to 100% of max. speed
- Min. Load Resolution (Load Cell Specific) – 0.0001N (2.2×10-5 lbf)
- Load Cell Accuracy – +/-0.5% from 1% to 100% of load cell value
- Extension Resolution – <0.15 microns
- Data Sampling Rate – 8kHz
- Load Measuring System – EN ISO 7500:2004, Class 0.5 ASTM E4
- Relative Humidity – 20% to 85%
- Operating Temperature – +5 to 35°C (41 to 95°F)
- Storage Temperature – -17 to 54°C (0 to 130°F)
- Supply Voltage (+/- 10%) – 115VAC/230VAC, 50-60Hz
- Max. Power Requirement – 500VA
- Weight (Standard Travel) – 67 kg (148 lb)