Mark-10: Motorized Test Stand – Model ESM303
To get a quote or place an order:
The Mark-10 ESM303 Motorized Test Stand features a rugged design for demanding environments and is highly configurable with multiple features, hardware options, functions, and specifications.
The ESM303 motorized test stand from Mark-10 features a rugged design for demanding environments, including laboratory and production. Highly configurable, this single-column force tester works to provide measurement applications for tension and compression of up to 300 lbF [1.5 kN]. The FollowMe™ force-based positioning is used to provide simple sample setup and positioning. Just use your hand as a guide so you can push and pull the force gauge or load cell. This allows for a variable rate of speed to be used for moving the crosshead.
A wide range of tests can be performed using the Mark-10 ESM303 motorized test stand. It provides the user with generous ranges for clearance, depth, and clearance for better cycling, break testing, and limit testing. This stand can be used for tensile testing, elongation testing, compression testing, load holding, and other testing options. It is easy to satisfy a variety of different test methods with the straight-forward menu option, which allows configuration for many different password-protected functions, including force and distance limits, test speed, cycling, and preload. Up to 50 different profiles can be saved to accommodate different test methods and custom options.
The Mark-10 ESM303 motorized test stand features a modular mechanical design that allows for single- and double-column extension to provide additional clearance for oversized applications. The modular abilities also extend to the controller functions, providing individual functions for cycling, load holding, travel measurement and other options. These controller functions can be purchased upfront or can be enabled in the field using a unique activation code, offering even more options for flexibility and customization. Since each custom configuration is purchased separately, according to the needs of the user, it can reduce costs compared to having to buy an entire set of functions just to get the ones that are needed.
Through the use of MESUR™ gauge software, all force and travel data collected can be output directly to a PC for further graphing and analysis. The control stand of the Mark-10 ESM303 motorized test stand can be controlled fully by a PC through the use of a custom-written program with ASCII communication. Custom options for this motorized test stand are also available. For example, force gauges and grips can be purchased separately, based on your specific needs and requirements.
*Note ESM303 does not come with force gauge or grips, those will need to be purchased separately.
Standard features of the Mark-10 ESM303 motorized test stand include:
- selectable speed settings
- upper and lower travel limit switches
- an adjustable, removable controller with intuitive menu navigation
- password protection for custom test parameters
- stepper motor-driven to produce smooth, quiet operation with no speed variation under load
- USB output to PC of force vs. time or force vs. travel data
- compact footprint designed for use on crowded workbenches
- ergonomic design with smart solutions for clean cable management
- integrated electronics assembly, which can be easily removed and transported
- an adjustable mounting plate with a T-slot base
Hardware options for the Mark-10 ESM303 motorized test stand include:
- large selection of force gauges and gripping fixtures
- gauge to test stand interface cable (09-1214), works with Series 7, Series 5, and Series 4 force gauges to the crosshead, transmitting data and power (AC adapter is not required)
- test stand to PC USB cable (09-1158) for PC control and output of force and travel data
- load cell / indicator adapater (AC1062) for any Mark-10 indicator and Series R01 or R03 force sensors (includes mounting hardware)
- single column extensions (ESM303-001-1, ESM303-001-2, ESM303-001-3) to increase vertical clearance for tall samples; three lengths available including 6, 12, and 24 inches [150, 300, and 600 mm]
- double column extensions (ESM303-002-1, ESM303-002-2, ESM303-002-3) to accommodate up to a 20-inch [508 mm] wide sample or ø21.5 in [ø546 mm] round sample; three heights available including 6, 12, and 24 inches [150, 300, and 600 mm]; features rows of T-slots in base for fixture mounting
- eye and end adapters for quick grip installation and removal to prevent grip rotation; can be mounted to common test frames, load cells, and force gauges
To further customize the Mark-10 ESM303 motorized test stand, any of the functions listed below in the optional functions data sheet may be purchased. These functions can be obtained when the test stand is ordered, or they can be activated in the field at a later date using a unique activation code. Functions are designed to be purchased individually on an as-needed basis, or the complete options package may be ordered at a discounted price. The ESM303 motorized test stand is supplied in “Demo Mode,” providing a 160-hour period with all functions temporarily enabled for trial.
- Load Capacity – 300 lbF [1.5kN] @ up to 24 in/min [610 mm/min] 200 lbF [1 kN] @ > 24 in/min [610 mm/min]
- Maximum Travel Distance – 18.0 in [457 mm]
- Speed Range – Standard: 0.5 – 13 in/min [13 – 330 mm/min] Optional: 0.02 – 45 in/min [0.5 – 1,100 mm/min]
- Speed Setting Accuracy – ±0.2%
- Speed Variation with Load – ±0% (stepper motor driven)
- Travel Accuracy – ±0.002 in per 10 in [±0.05 mm per 250 mm]
- Travel Resolution – 0.001 in [0.02 mm]
- Limit Switch Repeatability – 0.001 in [0.03 mm]
- Power – Universal Input 80-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Weight – 56.5 lb [25.6 kg]
- Included Accessories – 5 in extension rod (G1024), small hook (G1028), medium hook (G1038), #10-32 coupler (G1039), 2 in diameter compression plate (G1009), gauge/indicator mounting screws, Allen wrench set, and Resource CD
- Warranty – 3 years (see individual statement for details)