Mark-10: Motorized Test Stand – Model ESM303-H
To get a quote or place an order:
The Mark-10 ESM303-H provides users with generous clearance, travel, and depth dimensions. A wide range of tests can be performed with this device, including cycling, break testing, load holding, elongation testing, compression testing, tensile testing, and limit testing to a load or distance, as well as other functions.
The Mark-10 ESM303-H is a horizontal force tester that is highly configurable for measurement applications, including tension and compression, rated up to 300 lbF [1.5 kN]. It features a very rugged design that is suitable for both laboratory and production environments. Easy set-up and fine-tuned positioning can be achieved quickly with the FollowMeô force-based positioning. Just use your hand as a guide and then push or pull on the load cell to move the crosshead at the required rate of speed.
The ESM303-H provides users with generous clearance, travel, and depth dimensions. A wide range of tests can be performed with this device, including cycling, break testing, load holding, elongation testing, compression testing, tensile testing, and limit testing to a load or distance, as well as other functions. The easy-to-use menu allows for custom configurations of test speed, cycling, force and distance limits, pre-load, and many other functions to satisfy various test methods. All functions can be protected by a password, and up to 50 profiles can be saved for a wide range of test methods.
The clearance for the Mark-10 ESM303-H can be adjusted to suit the needs of the application. The modular mechanical design allows for frame extensions and controller functions can be modified as well. A variety of individual functions, including cycling, load holding, and travel measurement, can be purchased as options for this testing instrument. They can be purchased initially when the system is purchased, or these options can be purchased a la carte in the field through the use of an activation code. The purpose is to allow for more custom configuration, while also enabling users to work within a budget.
Another major benefit of using Mark-10 products is the addition of the PC-based MESURôgauge Plus software. This essential software allows the user to collect force and travel data and provides an easy method for plotting and analyzing the results. It enables the option to fully control the ESM303H by a PC through a custom-written program that can be used via any language that supports ASCII communications. Enhance the system by including additional hardware, such as a control panel tabletop mounting kit, or a variety of indicators, load cells, and frame extensions.
To provide the user with the opportunity to sample all of the extra functions that are available through the MESURôgauge Plus software, the ESM303H test stand is shipping in Demo Mode, which provides temporary use of all available functions for 160 hours of operation. Any of the functions can be purchased at the time of order or can be enabled at a later date through a code activation process. Some of the functions include FollowMeô, Programmable Travel Limits, Overload Protection, Computer Control, Break Detection. See the full list of function options in the Data Sheet posted below. The only exception to remote function enabling is option AF009 for Travel Measurement, which requires field hardware installation.
- selectable speed settings
- right and left travel limit switches
- adjustable, removable control panel (can be mounted to left or right of frame)
- password protection for custom test parameters
- stepper motor-drive to produce smooth, quiet operation with no speed variation under load
- USB output to PC of force or force vs. travel
- compact footprint designed for use on crowded workbenches
- ergonomic design with smart solutions for clean cable management
- integrated electronics assembly, which can be easily removed and transported
- an adjustable mounting plate with T-slot base
- control panel tabletop mounting kit for applications requiring remote use of control panel
- data collection and motion control software with MESURôgauge Plus
- large selection of indicators from Models M7i or M5i, which can be mounted directly to the crosshead adapter (Note: force gauges cannot be mounted to the ESM303H test stand).
- series R01 S-beam load cells, choose from range of capacities from 50 lbF [250 N] and higher
- series R03 inline load cells, choose from a range of capacities from 0.25 lbF [1N] and higher
- interface cables, for indicator to test stand connections
- USB cables for test stand to PC connections
- load cell hardware kit
- frame extensions (ESM303-001-1, ESM303-001-2, ESM303-001-3) to increase clearance for long samples, multiple extensions may be stacked for very long samples
- eye end adapters for quick grip installation and removal, and prevent grip rotation
- Load Capacity – 300 lbF [1.5 kN] @ up to 24 in/min [610 mm/min]; 200 lbF [1 kN] @ >24 in/mm [610 mm/min]
- Maximum Travel Distance – 18.0 in [457 mm]
- Speed Range – Standard 0.5-13 in/mm [13-330 mm/min]; Optional 0.02-45 in/mm [0.5-1100 mm/min]
- Speed Setting Accuracy – ±0.2% of setting
- Speed Variation with Load – ±0% (stepper motor driven)
- Travel Accuracy – ±0.002 in per 10 in [±0.05 mm per 250 mm]
- Travel Resolution – 0.001 in [0.02 mm]
- Limit Switch Repeatability – 0.001 in [0.03 mm]
- Power – Universal Input 80-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Weight – 62.5 lb [28.4 kg]
- Included Accessories – 2″ extension rod (G1024), small hook (G1028), medium hook (G1038), coupling #10-32F/F (G1039), compression plate 2″ dia. (G1009), threadadapters, #10-32 studs with hex nuts, thumb screw for indicator, thumb screw for limit switches, Allen wrench set, control panel, control panel mounting bracket and hardware, power cord, and Resource CD.
- Warranty – 3 years (see individual statement for further details)