Mark-10 Motorized Wire Pull Tester WT3-201M
To get a quote or place an order:
Mark-10 Wire Crimp Pull Tester Model WT3-201M
Capacity: 200 lbf
The WT3-201M motorized wire crimp pull tester is designed to measure pull-off forces of up to 200 lbF [1 kN] for wire and tube terminations. The tester conforms to numerous UL, ISO, ASTM, SAE, MIL, and other requirements for destructive testing. Non-destructive testing is also possible, such as pulling to a load or maintaining a load for a specified period of time, as per the requirements of UL 486A/B. Programmable pass/fail limits with red and green indicators and audio alerts help identify non-conforming samples.
The tester accommodates most insulation types and wire sizes up to AWG 3 (0.25 in [6.3 mm] OD). Samples can be sent to Mark-10 for evaluation prior to purchase. Auto-start automatically begins the test when the wire sample has been loaded. When the sample breaks, the tester can auto-reverse, output the peak force, store the peak force, and zero the display automatically, thereby increasing testing throughput. Further testing efficiency is achieved via the available Profiles function, through which multiple test setups may be saved and recalled as required.
On-board data storage and statistical calculations is provided for up to 2,000 readings, with available date and time stamp for each saved data point. Data can be transferred to a PC or other data collector via USB, RS-232, Mitutoyo (Digimatic), or analog outputs.
The WT3-201M includes MESUR™ Lite data acquisition software. MESUR™ Lite tabulates continuous or single point data. One-click export to Excel allows for further data manipulation.
- Measures real-time and peak force values
- Selectable test speed with high-speed approach and reverse
- Auto-start upon sample insertion
- Auto-reverse at sample break or load
- USB, RS-232, Mitutoyo (Digimatic), and analog outputs
- Automatic reverse / output / data storage / zeroing upon sample break helps automate testing processes
- 2,000 point data memory – statistics, output, and optional date/time stamp
- Password protection to prevent unauthorized changes
- Pass/fail indicators, audio alerts, and outputs
- Save/recall up to 500 profiles for test requirements (optional function)
- Pull to a specific load or maintain load for a s specified period of time, as per UL 486A/B (optional function)
- Date/time stamp for all saved data (optional function)
- Ring terminal fixture (WT3002)
- Multiple pin sizes are provided, from 1/8″ to 3/8″ [3.2 to 9.5 mm] dia.
- Carrying case (WT3004-1)
- Provides storage space for the WT3-201M tester, optional ring terminal fixture, power cord, USB cable, and accessories.
- Machinable blank terminal fixture (WT3003)
- For unique sample shapes and sizes.
- MESUR™ gauge software (15-1004)
- tabulates and plots load vs. time or load vs. travel. Also calculates statistics, exports to Excel, and more.
- Certificate of calibration (CERT) with data
- CSC can provide an ISO7025 calibration cert with data with the purchase
- Calibration kit (AC1049)
- Complete set of brackets and hardware for calibration of a wire pull tester. Weights not available from Mark-10.
Any of these optional functions may be purchased at time of order or may be enabled in the field at a later date though a simple activation process. A complete options package is also available, including all of the listed features at a discounted price. The tester is shipped in Demo Mode, during which time all available functions are enabled for 160 hours of operation.
- Profiles (WF010)
- Save and recall sets of test parameters, such as speed, pass/fail limits, unit of measurement, etc. Maximum of 500 profiles may be stored
- Pull to Load (WF011)
- The tester will stop when the specified load has been reached.
- Load Holding (WF012)
- The tester will stop and maintain a specified load for a specified period of time.
- Date and Time Stamp (WF013)
- A date and time stamp is applied to each saved data point.
- Complete options package (WFCOMP)
- Includes all optional functions listed above
- Capacity x Resolution:
- 200 x 0.1 lbF | 3200 x 2 ozF | 100 x 0.05 kgF | 1,000 x 0.5 N | 1 x 0.0005 kN
- ±0.2% of full scale
- Wire Gauge Range:
- AWG30 – AWG 3 [0.01 – 0.25 in (0.3 – 6.3 mm) dia.]
- Sample Length Range:
- Minimum 6.5 in [165 mm], excluding termination
- Maximum Elongation:
- 1.7 in [43 mm]
- Speed Range
- Test speed – 0.4 – 12.0 in/min [10 – 300 mm/min]
- Approach/Reverse Speed – 13.0 – 96.0 in/min [325 – 2,400 mm/min]
- Speed Setting Accuracy:
- Speed Variation with Load:
- ±0% stepper motor driven
- Universal Input 80-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Sampling Rate:
- 7,000 Hz
- USB / RS-232:
- Configurable up to 115,200 baud
- Serial BCD suitable for all Mitutoyo SPC-compatible devices
- ±1 VDC at capacity, ±0.25% of full scale
- General Purpose
- Three open drain outputs, one input
- Set Points
- Three open drain lines
- USB / RS-232:
- Safe Overload:
- 150% of full scale (display shows “OVER” at 110% and above)
- 26.5 lb [12.0 kg]
- Included Items:
- Power cord, quick-start guide, USB cable, resource CD (USB driver, MESUR™ Lite software, MESUR™gauge and MESUR™gauge Plus 90-day trial, and user’s guide), and NIST-traceable certificate of calibration
- CSC can supply an ISO17025 calibration cert with date with purchase
- Environmental Requirements:
- 40 – 100°F, max. 96% humidity, non-condensating
- 3 years