Mark-10 Wire Crimp Pull Tester – Model WT3-201
To get a quote or place an order:
The Mark-10 Wire Crimp Pull Tester WT3-201 is designed to measure the pull-off force of crimped wire and tube terminations. The ergonomic lever allows the user to easily apply up to 200 lbF (1,000 N) of crimp pull force, and an adjustable wire terminal grip contains multiple slots for wire diameters up to AWG 3 (0.25 in [6.3 mm]).
The Mark-10 Wire Crimp Pull Tester WT3-201 is designed to measure the pull-off force of crimped wire and tube terminations. The ergonomic lever allows the user to easily apply up to 200 lbF (1,000 N) of crimp pull force, and an adjustable wire terminal grip contains multiple slots for wire diameters up to AWG 3 (0.25 in [6.3 mm]). The Mark-10 tester accommodates most insulation types, however, customers can send samples to the company direct for evaluation before purchasing the equipment.
Values, including real-time force, peak force, units of measurement, programmable pass/fail limits, and other options can be easily read on a large, backlit graphic LCD display. Resulting data can be quickly transferred to a PC or another data collector, through the use of USB, RS-232, Mitutoyo (Digimatic), or analog outputs. The display shows an analog load bar as a graphical representation of applied force.
Controls and indicators include a one-push data output option, set points for pass/fail limits, pass/fail indicators, a battery indicator, and memory storage for up to 1,000 readings. The user can access the tester’s settings menu quickly and easily with a simple, straightforward interface. Other indicators include peak force, current/peak force, measurement mode, unit of measurement, and a toggle, which allows display between real-time and peak modes.
The Mark-10 Wire Crimp Pull Tester WT3-201 includes MESUR™ Lite data acquisition software. It can be used to tabulate continuous or single point data. The data that is stored in the tester’s memory can also be downloaded in bulk. Another feature provides an option to export data to Excel with a single click for further data manipulation. Password protection prevents unauthorized changes, and optional items are available to enhance the testing even further.
- measures real-time and peak force values
- ergonomic lever operation products 200 lbF [1,000 N]
- terminal fixture suits wires up to 0.25 in [6.3 mm] in diameter
- USB, RS-232, Mitutoyo (Digimatic), and analog outputs
- automatic output, data storage, and zeroing upon sample break helps to automate testing processes
- 1,000 point data memory with statistics and outputs
- password protection prevents unauthorized changes
- programmable set point indicators and outputs for pass/fail determination
- high-speed 7,000 Hz sampling rate accurately captures peak force values
- configurable audio alarms and key tones
- mounting holes for bench mounting
- ring terminal fixture (WT3-002) to secure ring terminations
- machinable blank terminal fixture (WT3-003) for unique sample shapes and sizes
- carrying case (WT3-004) provides storage space for the tester
- calibration fixture (AC-1049) – complete set of brackets and hardware for calibration
- Force Capacity – 200 x 0.1 lbF, 3200 x 2 ozF, 100 x 0.05 kgF, 1,000 x 0.5 N, 1 x 0.0005 kN
- Accuracy – ±0.2% of full scale
- Wire diameter range – AWG30 – AWG 3 [0.01 – 0.25 in (0.3 – 6.3 mm)]
- Minimum sample length – 6.0 in [152 mm], excluding termination
- Max. elongation – 1.15 in [29.2 mm]
- Power – AC or rechargeable battery; multi-step low battery indicator is displayed, tester shuts off automatically when power is too low
- Battery life – Backlight on/off: up to 7/24 hours of continuous use
- Sampling Rate – 7,000 Hz
- Outputs – USB / RS-232: Configurable up to 115,200 baud; Mitutoyo: Serial BCD suitable for all Mitutoyo SPC-compatible devices; Analog: ±1 VDC, ±0.25% of full scale at capacity
Safe overload – 150% of full scale (display shows “OVER” at 110% and above)
- Weight – 16.1 lb [7.3 kg]
- Included items – universal voltage AC adapter, battery, quick-start guide, USB cable, resource CD (USB driver, MESUR™ Lite data acquisition software, MESUR™gauge software gauge DEMO, and user’s guide), and NIST-traceable certificate of calibration
- Environmental requirements – 40 – 100°F, max. 96% humidity, non-condensating
- Warranty – 3 years (see individual statement for further details)