Mecmesin Torque Tester Motorized Vortex-dV
To get a quote or place an order:
Mecmesin Vortex-dV Motorized Torque Tester
Capacity of stand
- 90 lbf (10 Nm)
Sensor Capacities (4 models- sold separate)
- 0-13 lbf (0-1.5 Nm)
- 0-26 lbf (0-3 Nm)
- 0-52 lbf (0-6 Nm)
- 0-90 lbf (0-10Nm)
The Vortex-dV is a versatile and affordable motorized torque tester.
It improves greatly on the variability encountered with manual torque testers where torque is applied by hand at varying speeds. By applying torque at a fixed rotational speed, whilst gripping the sample in a uniform manner, the motorized Vortex-dV significantly enhances the repeatability of test results.
Operators can perform routine batch testing with the added benefit of reducing the risks of repetitive strain injury often associated with manual testers.
Comprising a robust motorized stand rated to 10 N.m with a choice of torque sensors for connection to an Advanced Force & Torque Indicator (AFTI) digital display and a range of gripping fixtures.
This stand-alone motorized torque tester is suited for measuring the maximum torque of components for quality-control purposes both in the laboratory and the production area.
The Vortex-dv is a sturdy, twin-column, motorized tester which is designed to apply torque up to a capacity of 10 N.m. It delivers superior performance via its control panel, which is simple to use and allows the precise selection of test parameters such as speed and target torque/angle.
Specimens up to 440mm tall and 280mm wide can easily be tested in both clockwise and counter-clockwise directions. For specimens requiring a downward force before torque is applied (e.g. child-resistant closures), the Vortex-dV is fitted with a convenient top-load tray.
Weighing under 20kg its compact design and small footprint make it an ideal bench-top tester for use in the quality control lab or production area.
Four different static torque sensors are available to cover the range from 1.5 N.m up to 10 N.m. This ensures that you have the optimum selection to meet all your torque testing needs. Measurement accuracy is an outstanding ±0.5% of the sensor capacity.
The sensor you choose is connected to a single torque display unit (AFTI), that is linked to the test frame via an interface cable.
The Advanced Force Torque Indicator (AFTI) is a display unit, which is positioned on the column of the test frame. It connects to a single ‘Smart’ torque sensor and automatically recognizes its calibration data.
The AFTI continuously measures torque and captures the maximum peak reading in both clockwise and anti-clockwise directions. Torque values obtained by the AFTI can be simultaneously presented on the main control panel of the test frame and transmitted to a PC or printer for the recording of results.
Holding your test specimen in place without it slipping is essential to obtaining repeatable results. Mecmesin has designed a range of torque grips to hold a variety of components. They include chucks and mandrels to hold plastic and metal closures, fixing tables to secure bottles and containers plus many more.
- 4 Models
- 1.5 Nm
- 3 Nm
- 6 Nm
- 10 Nm
- 4 Test Modes
- Manual bi-directional control
- Run to or between posistions
- Run to break
- Run to Torque
- Grips and fixtures
- A range of standard fixtures is available, including mounting tables and chucks. Custom fixtures, including dedicated mandrels, available on request.
- Control Panel Display
- Clear indication of speed, angle, torque
- 4 Simple buttons to operate
- Just 4 multi function buttons for all settings and operation
- USB Connection
- Connect to a PC with VectorPro™ Lite software, for test settings and results storage, streaming data, graph plotting, calculations, and basic statistics.
- Top load tray
- To apply static loads during testing; particularly suitable for child-resistant closure testing
- AFTI Display Unit
- Receives, stores and transmits torque data, captures first and ultimate peak values, with pass/fail indicator, and can be used to set control limits for the Vortex-dV.
- Multi Function wheel
- Fine control allows precise setting of speed and position. Colored LEDs clearly indicate machine status during testing
- Robust, rigid construction
- Splash proof and suitable for either laboratory or factory ﬂoor environments.
- Measurement Range
- 0-13 lbf.in (0-1.5 Nm)
- 0-26 lbf.in (0-3.0 Nm)
- 0-52 lbf.in (0.6.0 Nm)
- 0-90 lbf.in (0-10.0 Nm)
- Maximum travel of adjustable transducer carriage
- 7.2″ (182 mm)
- Width between columns
- 11.02″ (280 mm)
- 48 lb (21.8 kg)
- 0.1-30 rev/min (clockwise and counterclockwise)
- Speed Accuracy
- +/- 1% of indicated speed
- Speed Resolution
- +/- 0.01 rev/min
- Software: VectorPro Lite
- Test and data acquisition software
VectorPro Lite enables the same basic test routines that are available through the Vortex-dV panel controls, to be set up and stored on a PC, with their settings, for re-use. Any single test routine can be uploaded from VectorPro™ Lite to the Vortex-dV and can be run from the software to provide real-time torque/angle/time plotting. Standard calculations can be added to the test profiles to provide a selected range of results, basic statistical analysis, and pass-fail criteria for samples tested. Results and raw data are stored, and can be exported as .tab, .csv or Excel® fles for external SPC programs, or printed in report format.