Sturtevant Richmont Digital Torque and Angle Wrench DTC Series
To get a quote or place an order:
If you are familiar with Sturtevants line of tools, you probably know the 1250 Exacta Series digital torque and angle wrench. The 1250 Series transducer and all the functionality (except the radio capability) has been placed in their micrometer adjustable body.
The result? The DTC digital torque and angle wrench. This tool is like no other. Agile. Slim. Lightweight. Heavy on features and light on price.
In line with their systems approach to error proofing, you cannot set the wrench to a torque value beyond the wrench capacity. Limiting torque value to wrench capacity is just one of the many features that are built into the DTC.
The DTC has a black and white display and colored light bands on the side of the wrench. Those bands change yellow to green when the target values are achieved. An auditory beep and vibrating handle provide two additional modes of operator focused error proofing guidance.
The DTC results log large enough for even the busiest assemblies. It currently holds 1000 torque results and results can be downloaded. Using the mini-USB port, and DTC Connect Freeware, the results log can be uploaded to a computer in a CSV format.
DTC Connect can be used to set parameters in the wrench. You can change units of measure, modes of operation, degrees of fastener rotation, establish a target torque, minimum torque, maximum torque and more.
DTC Connect is freeware and is included in the DTC price. We continue to develop DTC Connect and as advances are made, upgrades will be available, for free, via the website, providing that you have registered your tool on the DTC warranty page. They will email you when upgrades are made to DTC Connect.
Five Modes of Operation
- Peak: Provides the reading of the highest torque value created during torque application. (No angle measurement)
- Track: Displays torque values as torque is being applied. (No angle measurement)
- T2A: Torque to Angle (for highly engineered assemblies)
- TAM: Torque and Angle Monitoring identifies changing joint conditions and quickly identifies attempts to tightened previously tightened fasteners, or a “double hit.”
- Residual: Measures existing torque on previously tightened fasteners
- Meets/exceeds ASME B107.300-2010 and ISO 6789 requirements
- Bi-directional +/- 2% Indicated Value from 20% to 100% of tool capacity.
- All torque and angle settings can be set using buttons on wrench or DTC Connect Freeware.
- Built around our traditional pin/spring Dovetail you have access to over 200 interchangeable heads.
- SDRT head included with wrench.
- Head length is adjustable via keypad. Uses 1 7/16” (36.5 mm) or 3 7/8” (98.4 mm) and maintains common centerline.
- Visible from any angle, light bands on both sides of the wrench turn yellow, then green, the wrench beeps, and the handle vibrates when target torque is achieved.
- Three AAA batteries included with wrench.Works with rechargeable NiMH, Lithium Ion, or alkaline batteries.
- Target, minimum, and maximum torque entered via wrench keypad or DTC Connect Freeware.
- Lockable settings (and presets), via 4-digit password.
- Torque units: in.lb., ft.lb., Nm, cNm, cmkg, mkg.
- 99 presets, numbered 01-99, optionally named via serial command with up to 16-character names.
- Results log large enough for even the busiest assemblies. Download results in csv. format via mini-USB port.
- New, smaller profile fits in more places with light-weight, rugged design.
- Comes with Certificate of Compliance from our ISO/IEC 17025 Accredited Laboratory
- CSC can supply an ISO17025 certificate.