Sturtevant Richmont Tapered and Flat Beam Torque Wrenches
To get a quote or place an order:
Sturtevant Richmont M-Series Tapered and Flat Beam Torque Wrench
Also Available in Nm (see spec sheet below)
- 32 in.oz (1/4″ dr)
- 80 in.oz (1/4″ dr)
- 160 in.oz (1/4″ dr)
- 10 in.lb (1/4″ dr)
- 25 in.lb (3/8″ dr)
- 50 in.lb (3/8″ dr)
- 100 in.lb (3/8″ dr)
- 200 in.lb (3/8″ dr)
- 300 in.lb (3/8″ dr)
- 600 in.lb (3/8″ or 1/2″ dr)
- 1200 in.lb (1/2″ dr)
- 1800 in.lb (1/2″ dr)
- 25 ft.lb (3/8″ dr)
- 50 ft.lb (1/2″ dr)
- 100 ft.lb (1/2″ dr)
- 150 ft.lb (1/2″ dr)
- 300 ft.lb (3/4″ dr)
The four most important requirements of a torque wrench, accuracy, reliability, durability, and low ownership cost, are combined into these exceptional tools. Accuracy is literally ground into the wrench. The special alloy steel beam is ground to a rate of deflection with the use of dead weights, rather than a dimensional tolerance. This process is time consuming and very labor intensive, but the result is a tool that remains accurate as long as the beam is intact and the pointer is on zero under no-load condition. The flat shape of the beam insures the wrench remains at a right angle to the fastener, reducing or eliminating side-loading error. This unique taper-grinding distributes stress evenly along the entire length of the beam, extending tool life indefinitely. With a minimum of moving parts, these tools are virtually repair and maintenance free.
Tapered and Flat Beam torque wrenches are excellent choices for any application where:
- The ability to visually confirm that the tool is correct before each use is important.
- The application is such that the user can see the faceplate of the tool.
- Greater accuracy than that provided by clicker torque wrenches is desired.
- It is important to know torque variation during a rundown, as with prevailing torque nuts.
- The need for durability is extremely high.
- There is a destructive nature to the application.
- Capturing peak torque is important.
- Incredibly durable design; the service life of these tools is frequently measured in decades!
- These tools are based on a physical law (Hooke’s Law) that does not change; exceptional accuracy retention permits extended calibration intervals and extremely low ownership cost.
- Flat and Tapered Beam torque wrenches have a very low cost of ownership; they are virtually maintenance and repair free! Our beam wrenches have had extensive daily use in automobile production lines and are still within tolerance and fully operational after twenty-five years on the job.
- Pivoted handle concentrates load at a precise point on lever to assure torque accuracy.
- Memory feature consists of pointers that follow a track on the scale and remain in place to indicate peak torque achieved.
- Peak torque indicated on the scale is accurate even in destructive applications.
- Bi-directional accuracy of +/- 2% of Indicated Value from 20% to 100% of capacity meets or exceeds requirements of ASME B107.300-2010 and ISO 6789.
- Includes FREE certificate of calibration from our +/- .25% Indicated Value accuracy/ISO/IEC 17025 Accredited Calibration Laboratory!