Sturtevant Richmont Interchangable Heads
To get a quote or place an order:
Sturtevant Richmont Interchangeable Heads
Mixed model manufacturing requires flexible tooling. Sturtevants interchangeable head system is the most flexible tooling system found anywhere in the world.
The heads all come with a torque rating clearly shown on the head.
Remember: ALL of our heads fit on ALL of our wrenches.
- Less inventory to carry
- Fewer tools to calibrate
- Fewer spares required
- Lowest cost of ownership because of the durability
Open End Interchangeable Head- OE Series
- All of our open end heads and ratcheting open end heads have the U-bottom design. We changed from the V-bottom to to the U-bottom to increase durability. From an engineering standpoint a rounded corner distributes the stress vectors more evenly than designs that have intersecting planes.
Ratcheting Open End Interchangeable Head- ROE Series
- Ideal for use when the hex of the fastener can be engaged and must be rotated quickly with minimum clearance.
Box Head Interchangeable Head- BH Series
- Ideal when a socket cannot access the fastener due to height restrictions.
- Ideal for use when the entire hex of the fastener can be engaged and a high torque rating is needed.
Flare Nut Interchangeable Head- FN Series
- Ideal for use when tightening steel tubing for hydraulic tubing and pneumatic applications.
- Note: Flare nuts are typically not used on hydraulic hose connections. When tightening connections with hydraulic hose, special care must be taken or you dramatically shorten the service life of that hose.
Ratcheting Flare Nut Interchangeable Head- RFN Series
- Ideal for use on hydraulic and pneumatic fittings.
- Single-direction internal ratchet.
Ratcheting Tube Wrench Interchangeable Head- RTW Series
- The Ratcheting Tube Wrench (RTW) snaps open to fit around hydraulic, AC lines, etc. When the jaws close the ratchet becomes fully functional.
Square Drive Interchangeable Head- SD Series
- Ideal for use when calibrating SR interchangeable head torque wrenches.
- Ideal for use when a socket is to be used and there is a minimal rotation of the fastener required to complete the tightening.